Sunday 19 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Redfield and Marlis Alt.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Decision In Germany by Lucius Du Bignon Clay was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beat the Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 March 1950 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- James Redfield: American writer and therapist, the author of the "Celestine Prophecy," which was the number one international bestseller in 1996.
- Marlis Alt: German dancer, soloist and choreographer.
- Norma Brown: American student of astrology from May 1973.
- Steve Houben: Belgian jazz saxophonist and flutist.
- Tonius Timmermann: German music therapist, author and astrologer.
- Jose Palma: Filipino archbishop.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs: Sci-fi Author (Tarzan of the Apes), dies at 74.
- City College of New York defeats Bradley 69-61 to win the NIT championship.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?