Tuesday 19 October 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mimi Gibson and George Pau-Langevin.
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Break the $250,000 Bank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1948 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Mimi Gibson
- George Pau-Langevin
- James Kunstler: American author and critic.
- Dave Mallow: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Patrick Simmons: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Doobie Brothers).
- My Romance opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 95 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?