Wednesday 6 October 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Kluge and Frances Tomelty.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 October 1948 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Patricia Kluge: British-American socialite with a colorful past.
- Frances Tomelty
- Gerry Adams: Northern Irish politician.
- Dan Hamburg: (Rep-D-California).
- Glenn Branca: American guitarist and composer (Theoretical Girls).
- Polonaise opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 113 performances
- KHJ TV channel 9 in Los Angeles, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
- The 1948 Ashgabat earthquake kills 110,000.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?