Wednesday 6 October 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Hamburg and Patricia Kluge.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1948 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Dan Hamburg: (Rep-D-California).
- Patricia Kluge: British-American socialite with a colorful past.
- Gerry Adams: Northern Irish politician.
- Glenn Branca: American guitarist and composer (Theoretical Girls).
- Polonaise opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 113 performances
- KHJ TV channel 9 in Los Angeles, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
- The 1948 Ashgabat earthquake kills 110,000.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?