Monday 4 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Boyer and Roger Lanne.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1948 ?
- Jean Boyer: French musician, an organist.
- Roger Lanne: French luthier (maker and repairer of string instruments) located in the 'Viaduc des Arts' shopping precinct in the 12th arrondissement in Paris.
- Linda McMahon: Entrepreneur.
- Robillard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Roomful of Blues).
- Indians beat Red Sox, 8-0, in 1st AL playoff game
- World Council of Churches forms under W Fisherman It Hooft)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?