Monday 4 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda McMahon and Jean Jean Boyer (organist).
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1948
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 4 October 1948. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1948 ?
- Linda McMahon: Entrepreneur.
- Jean Jean Boyer (organist)
- Jean Boyer: French musician, an organist.
- Roger Lanne: French luthier (maker and repairer of string instruments) located in the 'Viaduc des Arts' shopping precinct in the 12th arrondissement in Paris.
- Robillard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Roomful of Blues).
- Indians beat Red Sox, 8-0, in 1st AL playoff game
- World Council of Churches forms under W Fisherman It Hooft)