Thursday 14 October 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Engin Ar?k and Marcia Barrett.
The Three Musketeers, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Growing Paynes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1948 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Engin Ar?k: Turkish nuclear physicist (d. 2007).
- Marcia Barrett: Jamaican-English singer (Boney M).
- Gerard Murphy: Irish-English actor (d. 2013).
- Norman Ornstein: American political scientist and scholar.
- David Ruprecht: American game show host and actor.
- Batavia lt-Governor-General of Mook dismissed
- Large scale fighting between Israel and Egypt
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 October 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?