Friday 19 October 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sunny Deol and Sunny Deol.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Brave One, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Beyond The Black Stump by Nevil Shute was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1956 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sunny Deol: Movie Actor.
- Sunny Deol: Movie Actor.
- Thierry Beccaro
- Charlene Gallego: American homicide; with her husband, Gerald, known as the rarest of criminals, the husband-and-wife homicide team.
- Roberta Manfredi: Italian noted family, the daughter of Nino Manfredi.
- Grover Norquist: American activist founded Americans for Tax Reform.
- Bruce Weber: American basketball player and coach.
- Carlo Urbani: Italian physician (d. 1993).
- Didier Theys: Belgian race car driver and coach.
- Elena Garanina: Soviet ice dancer and coach.
- Steve Doocy: American journalist and author.
- Nino DeFranco: Rocker (DeFranco Family).
- Isham Jones: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 1956).
- The Soviet Union and Japan sign a Joint Declaration, officially ending the state of war between the two countries that had existed since August 1945.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?