Wednesday 12 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Gauthier and Brian Connell.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1916 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Brian Connell: Writer / broadcaster.
- Louis Gauthier: France sport Champion.
- Umberto Dianda: Italy Military man.
- Beverly Cleary: Children's Author.
- Movita Castaneda: American actress and singer (d. 2015).
- Russell Garcia: American-New Zealand composer and conductor (d. 2011).
- Benjamin Libet: American neuropsychologist and academic (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Girl on the Magazine - Harry Macdonough
- Some Day I'll Wander Back Again - Margaret Keyes & Columbia Stellar Quartet