Monday 15 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John N Mitchell and Roger Priouret.
The Farmer's Daughters, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1913 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- John N Mitchell
- Roger Priouret: Le Puy Journalist.
- Roger "Ram" Ramirez: Jazz pianist / composer.
- Henry Brant: Canadian-American composer and conductor (d. 2008).
- Hans Filbinger: German politician (CDU).
- John Mitchell: American lieutenant lawyer and politician 67th United States Attorney General (d. 1988).
- Johannes Steinhoff: German fighter pilot & NATO commander (Born 1913).
- Bruno Hoffmann: German glass harp player (d. 1991).
- Henry Dreyfus Brant: Montreal, Quebec -- Composer (Great American Goot).
- 1st US milch goat show held, Rochester, New York
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Turkey-Trot Dance Medley, Part II - Prince's Orchestra
- Al Jolson - You Made Me Love You, I Didn't Want to Do It