Monday 15 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John N Mitchell and Roger Priouret.
The Farmer's Daughters, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1913 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- John N Mitchell
- Roger Priouret: Le Puy Journalist.
- Roger "Ram" Ramirez: Jazz pianist / composer.
- Henry Brant: Canadian-American composer and conductor (d. 2008).
- Hans Filbinger: German politician (CDU).
- John Mitchell: American lieutenant lawyer and politician 67th United States Attorney General (d. 1988).
- Johannes Steinhoff: German fighter pilot & NATO commander (Born 1913).
- Bruno Hoffmann: German glass harp player (d. 1991).
- Henry Dreyfus Brant: Montreal, Quebec -- Composer (Great American Goot).
- 1st US milch goat show held, Rochester, New York
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Turkey-Trot Dance Medley, Part II - Prince's Orchestra
- Al Jolson - You Made Me Love You, I Didn't Want to Do It