Friday 20 February 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Riccardo Chailly and Poison Ivy (musician).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Wonderful Country by Tom Lea was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 February 1953 ?
- Riccardo Chailly
- Poison Ivy (musician)
- Carol Cummins in Clintwood: Virginia, USA; second of five siblings born on February 20.
- Gérard Araud: French diplomat, the Ambassador to the United States.
- Ricardo Chailly: Italian conductor, son of composer Luciano Chailly.
- Kristy Wallace: American rock musician, sometimes known as Poison Ivy Rorschach, she is a guitarist and a member of the band "The Cramps.
- Roberto Ciotti: Italian guitarist and composer (d. 2013).
- Poison Ivy: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Cramps).
- Riccardo Chailly in Milan: Italy; conductor (West Berlin Symphony Orchestra).
- US Court of Appeals rules that Organized Baseball is a sport and not a business, affirming the 25-year-old Supreme Court ruling.
- August A Busch buys the Saint Louis Cardinals for US$3.75 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?