Thursday 26 February 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bree Walker news anchor (WNBC TV and Michael Bolton.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Always The Young Strangers by Carl Sandburg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1953 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Bree Walker news anchor (WNBC TV: KNBC TV).
- Michael Bolton: American singer, international superstar and social activist.
- Francisca Martin Cano Abreu: Spanish feminist researcher and writer, author of a two-volume work on female sexuality in primitive societies.
- Elisabeth "Ilse" Kuyper: Dutch/US (opera)composer, dies.
- Allen W Dulles is promoted from deputy to 5th director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?