Monday 23 February 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sallie L Baliunas and Marie-Jo Simenon.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Wonderful Country by Tom Lea was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1953 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Sallie L Baliunas: Astrophysicist.
- Marie-Jo Simenon: American actress, the only daughter of Belgian writer Georges Simenon and of his second wife Denyse Ouimet.
- Kenny Bee: Hong Kong singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (The Wynners).
- Satoru Nakajima: Japanese race car driver.
- Walter Wick: American photographer and author.
- Adnan Polat: Turkish businessman
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?