Saturday 20 May 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David M Walker in Columbus and Boudouin de.
Mr. Skeffington, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1944 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- David M Walker in Columbus: Georgia, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 51-A 30, 53, 69).
- Boudouin de: Groot; Dutch singer ("Good night mister president").
- Joe Cocker: British musician, a singer and drummer known for gutsy vocals and spastic gestures.
- Cipa Dichter: Brazilian musician who played dual pianos with her husband Mischa.
- Boudewijn Groot: The most famous Dutch protest singer and songwriter.
- Dietrich Mateschitz: Austrian president and founder of the energy drink Red Bull Company.
- Boudewijn de Groot: Indonesian-Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Keith Fletcher: English cricketer and manager
- Kathrin Thomas: Welsh politician Lord Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan
- US Communist Party dissolves.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?