Saturday 27 May 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Souchon and Christopher Dodd.
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1944 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Alain Souchon: French pop singer, songwriter and actor of Swiss descent (mother) born in Morocco.
- Christopher Dodd
- Christopher J Dodd American politician (Governor/Senator-Democrat-Connecticut: 1981-).
- Chris Dodd: American politiician, Democrat, a Senator from Connecticut.
- Ingrid Roscoe: English historian and politician Lord Lieutenant of West Yorkshire.
- Jean-Paul Sartres Huis Clos, premieres in Paris
- Allies land on Biak, Indonesia (operation Horlicks).
- Japanese advance in Hangkhou, China.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good Night, Wherever You Are - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- I'll Be Seeing You - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra)