Wednesday 3 May 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Peter Leslie Smith and Peter Staples.
Going My Way, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1944 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ian Peter Leslie Smith: Journalist.
- Peter Staples: rocker (Troggs - "Wild Thing").
- Yves Simon: French singer and writer, he has published more than 30 books and released 20 albums of songs.
- Robert Thomas: French dancer, choreographer.
- Peter Doyle: Australian pop singer (The New Seekers) (Born 1949).
- Pete Staples: English bass player (The Troggs)
- Meet Me in St. Louis opens on Broadway
- Meat rationing ends in US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Long Ago (And Far Away)
- Jo Stafford - I Love You
- Amor Amor - Enric Madrguera
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?