Monday 22 May 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Ollivier and Lynn Barber.
Mr. Skeffington, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 May 1944 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Jean-Paul Ollivier: French sports journalist, specializing in cycling.
- Lynn Barber: English journalist.
- Henri Guedon: French Martiniquan percussionist who was instrumental in exporting the new sound of 1960s and '70s Latin - guaguanco, boogaloo, salsa, descarga - to France and the rest of Europe.
- John Flanagan: Novelist.
- Vaiko : Indian politician.
- Beaton Tulk: Canadian educator and politician 7th Premier of Newfoundland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?