Tuesday 2 May 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Innerhofer and F Innerhofer.
Going My Way, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 May 1944 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Franz Innerhofer
- F Innerhofer: Writer.
- John Verity: rocker (Argent).
- Robert Anderson: English chemist historian and curator.
- Bob Henrit: English drummer (Argent The Roulettes The Kinks and Unit 4 + 2).
- WABD (WNEW, now WNYW) TV channel 5 in NYC (DUM / MET / FOX) 1st broadcast
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Amor Amor - Enric Madrguera
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Long Ago (And Far Away)
- Jo Stafford - I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?