Tuesday 30 May 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Black and Meredith MacRae.
Since You Went Away, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 May 1944 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Ellen Black: American astrologer with a background in art and history.
- Meredith MacRae: American actress and singer (d. 2000).
- Larry Davidson: Rocker (Dave Clark 5-Glad All Over).
- Peter Berger: American film editor (d. 2011).
- Lenny Davidson: English guitarist and songwriter (The Dave Clark Five).
- Stav Prodromou: Greek-American engineer and businessman.
- Jessie Ralph: Actress (Good Earth, San Francisco), dies at 79.
- Transport nr 75 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- Princess Charlotte Louise Juliette Louvet Grimaldi of Monaco, heir to the throne, resigns from her rights in favor of her son Prince Rainier Louis Henri Maxence Bertrand Grimaldi, later reigning Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Be Seeing You - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra)
- Good Night, Wherever You Are - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?