Monday 8 May 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include French presidential election 1988 and Gary Glitter.
Once Upon a Time, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 May 1944 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- French presidential election 1988
- Gary Glitter: Rock Singer.
- Judi Zeisler: American astrologer, a student from 1969 and certified in 1980 by Professional Astrologers Inc.
- Bill Legend: English drummer (T.
- Themistoklis Diakidis: Greek high jumper (Born 1882).
- 33 communist resistance fighter sentenced to death
- U-575 sinks Asphodel
- First eye bank opens (New York City).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?