Tuesday 21 August 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Into the Wild, directed by Sean Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Spook Country by William Gibson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arkadian Warriors or SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2007 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Hurricane Dean makes its first landfall in Costa Maya, Mexico with winds at 165 mph (266 km/h). Dean is the first storm since Hurricane Andrew to make landfall as a Category 5.
- STS-118 lands at the Kennedy Space Center, completing Space Shuttle Endeavour's 19th flight.
- Laura Richardson of the U.S. Democratic Party is elected in the special election for California's 37th congressional district, replacing Juanita Millender-McDonald who died last spring. (San Jose Mercury News)
- The Bank of Japan and Reserve Bank of Australia inject more funds into money markets to ensure stock market liquidity. (AP via Taipei Times)
- The National Assembly of Venezuela gives initial unanimous approval to constitutional amendments that would remove term limits on the position of President of Venezuela currently held by Hugo Chávez. (CBS)
- Jailed Iranian-American academic Haleh Esfandiari is released on bail after more than 100 days in detention. (NYT)
- The Central Intelligence Agency releases a report critical of the Agency's performance prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks. (NYT)
- 2007 Lebanon conflict: Fatah al-Islam fighters battling the Lebanese army in a refugee camp have asked for a ceasefire to allow their families and remaining civilians to be evacuated. (Aljazeera)
- Space Shuttle ''Endeavour'' lands safely at Kennedy Space Center at 12:32:29 EDT (16:32:29 UTC). (IHT)
- Five thousand Dhaka University students in Bangladesh riot, resulting in major disruption to the university with 150 students being injured. (USA Today)
- Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, a son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has called for independent institutions in Libya including a central bank, a high court and media. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Dean:
- There are no reports of deaths but 11 people have died elsewhere as a result of the hurricane. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Dean has wiped out Dominica's banana crop and causes major damage to the Jamaican crop. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- The governments of Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo are negotiating over a line demarcating each nation's respective rights to petroleum in the Atlantic Ocean. The DRC is expected to gain exploration rights to billions of untapped barrels worth of oil. (People's Daily)
- Dr Mohamed Haneef wins his bid in the Federal Court to have his Australian work visa reinstated after Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews canceled it after Dr Haneef was charged with ampquotproviding material support to a terrorist organization.ampquot (ABC News Australia) Andrews later says the Australian government would appeal against the court ruling.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9 hits the Indonesian province of Papua 101 kilometers from Tanahmerah. (The Philippine Star)
- Fifteen former associates of Saddam Hussein, including his cousin Ali Hassan al-Majid, face a trial in the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal for their alleged role in suppressing a Shiite uprising in 1991. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 August 2007
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge - Farsley : 5 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Soulja Boy Tell'em - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- J. Holiday - Bed
Top #10 Latin songs
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - De Ti Exclusivo
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Olvidame Tu - Duelo
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?