Saturday 21 March 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Pineau-Valencienne and Jean Verdun.
Mary, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 March 1931 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Didier Pineau-Valencienne: French business executive and entrepreneur, the President-Director of Groupe Schneider.
- Jean Verdun: French writer, the author of novels and books on Freemasonry, especially in France.
- Al Freeman: American actor, director, and educator.
- Benito Martinez: American military hero, a United States Army soldier who posthumously received the Medal of Honor — the United States' highest military decoration — for his actions during the Korean War.
- Alda Merini: Italian writer, a poet.
- Toyonobori : Japanese sumo wrestler (d. 1998).
- Clark Brundin: American-English engineer and academic.
- Catherine Gibson: Scottish swimmer (d. 2013).
- Al Williamson: American illustrator (d. 2010).
- Ivan William Hannaford: Sociologist.
- KRO-broadcast studio initiated in Hilversum Holland
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Roger Turner
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Maribel Vinson.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?