Friday 21 March 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dirk Frimout and Dirk D Frimout.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1941 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Dirk Frimout: Belgian astronaut, the first and only Belgian to go into space, as of 1994.
- Dirk D Frimout: Belgium -- Cosmonaut.
- Robert Liefmann: German economist (Kartelle und Trusts), dies at 67.
- Joe Louis knocks out Abe Simon in 13 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.