Sunday 21 May 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Norman and Maurice Andre.
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1933 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Barry Norman: Britain -- Film critic (Film Greats).
- Maurice Andre: French trumpeter.
- Richard Libertini in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Soap, Ghost).
- Yevgeni Minaev: Soviet weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Maurice André: French musician, a trumpeter.
- Paul Brenner: American physician, an obstetrician and leader in the holistic health movement.
- Yevgeny Minayev: Russian weightlifter (d. 1993)
- John Henry Mackay: Scottish / German Author (Der Schwimmer), dies at 69.
- Mt Davidson Cross lit by FDR via telegraph
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 May 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?