Sunday 21 May 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice André and Robert Castel.
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1933 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Maurice André: French musician, a trumpeter.
- Robert Castel
- Paul Brenner: American physician, an obstetrician and leader in the holistic health movement.
- Richard Libertini in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Soap, Ghost).
- Yevgeni Minaev: Soviet weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Yevgeny Minayev: Russian weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Barry Norman: Britain -- Film critic (Film Greats).
- Maurice Andre: French trumpeter.
- John Henry Mackay: Scottish / German Author (Der Schwimmer), dies at 69.
- Mt Davidson Cross lit by FDR via telegraph
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?