Friday 26 May 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Graczyk and Edward Whittemore.
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1933 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:26 May
- 2nd emergency Dutch government of Colijn forms
- Phillies Chuck Klein hits for cycle vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- The Nazi Party in Germany introduces a law to legalize eugenic sterilization.
- New Deal: The Federal Securities Act is signed into law, requiring the registration of securities with the Federal Trade Commission.
- The ''Century of Progress'' World's Fair opens in Chicago.
- Walt Disney's classic ''Silly Symphony'' cartoon ''The Three Little Pigs'' is first released.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?