Sunday 14 May 1933US date format: 5/14/1933, UK date format: 14/5/1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1933). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Siân Phillips and Frank Harte.
I Cover the Waterfront, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1933
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1933 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Siân Phillips: Welsh actress and singer.
- Frank Harte: Traditional Irish Singer and song collector.
- Éric Battista: French triple jumper who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics, in the 1960 Summer Olympics, and in the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- Mike Stoller: Musician.
- Michael Chevalier: German voice actor.