Saturday 13 May 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alden Ashforth and Stig Gustav Schonberg.
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while As the Earth Turns by Gladys Hasty Carroll was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1933!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1933 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Alden Ashforth: Composer.
- Stig Gustav Schonberg: Composer.
- Sid Morrison American politician (Representative-Republican-Washington: 1981-).
- John Roseboro: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing catcher who played with the Brooklyn / Los Angeles Dodgers (1957–1967), Minnesota Twins (1968–1969), and Washington Senators (1970).
- Guy Calvo: France sport Champion.
- Paul Ernst: Writer, dies at 67.
- 59th Preakness: Charley Kurtsinger aboard Head Play wins in 2:02.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?