Thursday 22 April 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 22, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while House Rules by Jodi Picoult was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blaze Union: Story to Reach the Future or Car Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 April 2010 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 April
- The Deepwater Horizon oil rig off the Louisiana coast sinks into the Gulf of Mexico two days after an explosion tore through it.
- Deepwater Horizon, an oil rig owned by BP and Transocean, sinks to the bottom of the Gulf Of Mexico after having a blowout two days earlier. The well then created the largest oil spill in U.S. history by constantly gushing oil through the damaged wellhead.
- Indian police investigate potential attacks on shopping centres in New Delhi. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010 Explosion on ''Deepwater Horizon'' drilling rig:
- The wreck is estimated to be leaking 8,000 barrels of crude oil per day, and may leak up to 700,000 gallons of diesel fuel depending on how much burned in the explosion and ensuing fire. (CNN)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Two rockets are fired into Jordanian territory: one explodes near Aqaba and damages a warehouse, the other falls into the Red Sea. (RTÉ)
- Pope Benedict XVI and the child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
- The Pope accepts the resignation of Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin James Moriarty. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Bishop of Augsburg Walter Mixa offers his resignation after admitting his abuse of children to ampquotavert further damage to the Church and allow a new startampquot. (Times Online)
- A man who says he was abused by American paedophile priest Father Lawrence Murphy sues the Pope and the Vatican in a federal court in the United States. (BBC)
- Pro-Daniel Ortega protesters in Nicaragua injure three opposition politicians while blockading parliament to prevent the overturning of a presidential decree. (Al Jazeera)
- The Flemish Liberals and Democrats leave the Government of Belgium following a dispute over the dissolution of the electoral district Brussels-Halle-Vilvoorde. (VRT)
- Several grenades explode in Thailand's capital, Bangkok, killing at least one person and injuring at least 75 others. (''BBC News'')
- NATO foreign ministers agree to launch a Membership Action Plan (MAP) for Bosnia and Herzegovina. (Reuters)
- Acting President of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan signs the country's 4.6 trillion naira budget for 2010 into law. (Reuters)
- Minas Gerais, one of Brazil's biggest states, bans the sale of the Toyota Corolla over safety fears. (BBC)
- Sri Lanka's former army chief Sarath Fonseka requests his freedom from ampquotillegal detentionampquot in his first speech in parliament. (Al Jazeera)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrives in Zimbabwe Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai's Movement for Democratic Change – Tsvangirai objects, labelling Mr Ahmadinejad a ampquotwar-monger, a trampler of human rights and an executionerampquot. (Reuters)
- A Utrecht court acquits the Dutch arm of the Arab European League of hate crime charges relating to the publication of a cartoon questioning the Holocaust. The publication was intended to highlight double standards after MP Geert Wilders was not put on trial for distributing cartoons of Muhammad. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Over - Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Break - Three Days Grace
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The giant private equity firm posted a $360 million profit as the leveraged buyout industry continues to recover from its lows. [..]
A writer who likes to shift positions while he works tried out a work station that, with a push of a button, adjusted to his sitting or standing height. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.05
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.09
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.63
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.32
- 1 CHF = 6.3292 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8257 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0771 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.331 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?