Friday 22 August 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chloe Allen .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Disturbia by Rihanna.
Death Race, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Best of Tests DS or Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 August 2008 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Chloe Allen: American child of noted parents, her dad is Byron Allen, the host of talk shows "Entertainers with Byron Allen" and "Comics Unleashed," and his wife, producer Jennifer Lucas.
- Gladys Powers: Canadian World War I veteran (Born 1899).
- An aircraft crashes in Guatemala, killing 10, including four Americans on a humanitarian mission.
- Iran Aseman Airlines Flight 6895 crashes upon takeoff near Manas International Airport in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, killing 68.
- Hundreds of thousands of Muslim Kashmiris demonstrate in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir demanding independence from India. (BBC News)
- War in Afghanistan
- The United States-led coalition kills 30 Taliban militants in fighting in western Afghanistan. (AP via Google News)
- At least 76 civilians are killed following a coalition air strike near the village of Azizabad in the western province of Herat. (AFP via ''Ottawa Citizen'')
- 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Human Rights Watch confirms the use of cluster bombs by Russia during Georgia bombing, urges Russia to keep within the international norms and warns Georgia to take urgent measures to protect the civilian population in Georgian villages from unexploded ordnance left by Russian attacks. (Rustavi 2)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 August 2008
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Cottbus : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Koblenz : 0 - 0
- Greuther Furth - St Pauli : 5 - 2
- Osnabruck - Freiburg : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Guingamp : 2 - 1
- Brest - Strasbourg : 0 - 1
- Chateauroux - Amiens : 1 - 0
- Clermont - Angers : 2 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Southend - Brighton : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?