Monday 18 August 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Disturbia by Rihanna.
Death Race, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Life With My Sister Madonna by Christopher Ciccone with Wendy Leigh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing California Games or Civilization Revolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 August 2008 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 August
- President Of Pakistan Pervez Musharaf resigns due to pressure from opposition.
- Pervez Musharraf resigns as President of Pakistan, under impeachment pressure from the coalition government.
- Taliban insurgents kill 10 and injure 21 French soldiers in an ambush in Afghanistan.
- A suicide bomber rams a car into an Algerian military academy, killing 43 and injuring 45.
- Taliban militants unsuccessfully attack the United States base Camp Saleno in Khost Province. (AP via Google News)
- 2008 Summer Olympics:
- Russia's Yelena Isinbayeva sets a new world record of 5.05 m outdoors in the womens pole vault at the Summer Olympics Games in Beijing. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Secretary General of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Marc Perrin de Brichambaut stated on a press-conference in Vladikavkaz, capital of Northern Ossetia, that 'the will of all the people of the region' need to be 'taken into the consideration' when deciding the future of the breakaway republic of South Ossetia. (Nasdaq)
- South Ossetia had held the referendum on independence from Georgia on November, 12th, 2006 with 99% voted in favor of the independence (with reportedly 95% turnout). Both NATO and the US opposed the referendum and did not recognise its results saying it served no purpose other than to 'exacerbate tensions' in the region. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- Pakistan Presidential Impeachment
- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, who was facing impeachment, announces his resignation as President. Indirect presidential elections will be held within 30 days. (BBC News)
- A US-Poland agreement to deploy a missile defense shield prompts unnamed Russian officials to declare Poland ampquota legitimate military targetampquot and the deputy of the Russian general staff states that Poland ampquotopens itself to a nuclear strikeampquot. (''Asia Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 August 2008
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Hansa Rostock : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Metz : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Torquay - Ebbsfleet : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?