Thursday 21 August 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Disturbia by Rihanna.
Death Race, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Foreign Body by Robin Cook was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night or Commando: Steel Disaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2008 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Jerry Finn: American record producer (Born 1969).
- Somali pirates captured a total of three vessels in two days. (Xinhuanet)
- US District Judge Jeremy Fogel of the Northern District of California denies a motion by Universal Studios to dismiss a lawsuit against it alleging that Universal sent a DMCA takedown notice in bad faith. (Ars Technica)
- The United States Food and Drug Administration approves irradiation of lettuce and spinach to kill ''E. coli'' and other dangerous germs. (AP via Google News)
- One student is killed in a shooting at Central High School in Knoxville, Tennessee. (''Knoxville News-Sentinel'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 August 2008
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Wrexham - Oxford : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?