Friday 22 December 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Levesque and Jean Tulard.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1933 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Henry Levesque: French race horse jockey, a harnessed trot racer, the son of race horse owner, Henri, who trained five winners of the Prix d'Amérique.
- Jean Tulard: French academic and historian, specialising in the history of cinema, of the French Consulate and the First French Empire.
- John Hartle: English motorcycle racer (d. 1968).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?