Thursday 22 January 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fariomar Canoletti and Fabio Mussi.
The Judge Steps Out, directed by Boris Ingster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 January 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1948 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Fariomar Canoletti: Brazilian business-man who owns a freezer repair shop.
- Fabio Mussi: Italian politician, the assistant editor of the journal Unita and head of the anti-nuclear organization, PCI.
- André Rey (footballer)
- André Rey: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played at senior level from 1970 to 1984 and on the French national team from 1977 to 1979.
- Roger Williams: Welsh politician.
- Northern Calloway: American actor and singer (d. 1990).
- Gilbert Levine: American conductor and academic.
- British foreign secretary Bevin proposes the formation of a Western Union between Britain, France and the Benelux countries to stand up against the Soviet Union. The Treaty of Brussels is signed March 17 as a consequence, a predecessor to NATO.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm My Own Grandpa - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) - Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra)
- Frankie Laine - Shine