Monday 22 December 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian C Daley and Brian Daley.
The Paradine Case, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Howdy Doody Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1947 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Brian C Daley: United States -- Sci-fi author (Exploits of Han Solo, Tron).
- Brian Daley: American sci-fi writer whose first novel, "The Doomfarers of Coramonde" was published in 1977.
- Charlie Marshall: American entertainer, singer.
- Italian constituent assembly adopts new constitution.
- The Constituent Assembly of Italy approves the Constitution of Italy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 December 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Serenade of the Bells - Jo Stafford
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?