Wednesday 22 March 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Goran Bregović and Mary Tamm.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Peabody Sisters Of Salem by Louise Hall Tharp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beat the Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1950 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Goran Bregović: Bosnian guitarist and songwriter (Bijelo Dugme and Jutro).
- Mary Tamm: English actress (d. 2012).
- Jocky Wilson: Scottish darts player (d. 2012).
- Egypt demands that Britain remove all its troops in the Suez Canal.
- The 22nd Academy Awards ceremony is held.
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Influential British comic ''Eagle'' is launched
- NSC-68 is issued by the United States National Security Council
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?