Wednesday 29 March 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mory Kanté and Nicolas Domenach.
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starlight Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 March 1950 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?