Wednesday 8 March 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Malhuret and Dimitris Spentzopoulos.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Peabody Sisters Of Salem by Louise Hall Tharp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Space Patrol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 March 1950 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Claude Malhuret
- Dimitris Spentzopoulos: Greek footballer.
- Richard Ouzounian: Canadian/American theatre director and critic.
- Jaroslav Kocian: Composer, dies at 67.
- 1st woman medical officer assigned to naval vessel (BR Walters)
- Marshall Voroshilov of the USSR announces they developed atomic bomb
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?