Sunday 5 March 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Fodor and Harvey Jacob Alperin in Minneapolis.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while I, My Ancestor by Nancy Wilson Ross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cisco Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 March 1950 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Eugene Fodor: American musician, a violinist and the first Westerner to win Moscow's International Tchaikovsky competition (1974).
- Harvey Jacob Alperin in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Cocktail).
- Eugene Fodor in Turkey Creek: Colorado, USA; violinist (1972 Paganini Award, 1974 Tchaikovsky Award).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?