Monday 27 March 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Banks (musician) and Martin Veyron.
Cheaper by the Dozen, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starlight Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 March 1950 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Tony Banks (musician)
- Martin Veyron
- Tony Banks in East Heathly: Sussex, England; rock keyboardist (Genesis - "Invisible Touch", "Misunderstanding").
- Petros Efthimiou: Greek politician.
- Tony Banks: British guitarist with the musical group Genesis, one of the many progressive English rock bands.
- Julia Alvarez: American-Dominican author and poet.
- Markku Andersson: Finnish academic and politician.
- Dimitar Ludzhev: Bulgarian economist and politician.
- David Edgar: American swimmer.
- Petros Efthymiou: Greek academic and politician Greek Minister of Culture Education and Religious Affairs.
- Maria Ewing: American soprano and actress.
- Lynn McGlothen: American baseball player (d. 1984).
- Madeleine Moon: English social worker and politician.
- Anton Ondruš: Czech-Slovak footballer.
- Matt Siegel: American radio host.
- Terry Yorath: Welsh footballer and manager.
- Vic Harris: Baseball.
- WHAS TV channel 11 in Louisville, KY (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mary Martin & Arthur Godfrey - Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep
- Dearie - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake - Georgia Gibbs
- Mervin Shiner - Peter Cottontail
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?