Saturday 22 October 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while This Is Herman Cain! by Herman Cain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Void.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Age II or CastleMiner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- North Korea agrees, for the first time in 6 years, to let the United States search for the remains of American soldiers killed during the Korean War. (BBC)
- A pedestrian suspension bridge collapse in Bijanbari, near Darjeeling, West Bengal, India, kills at least 34 people and injures over 100. (All India Radio)
- National Transitional Council chairman Mahmoud Jibril announces that Libyan elections will occur ampquotwithin monthsampquot. (CNN)
- Morocco, Togo, Guatemala and Pakistan are elected to the United Nations Security Council, with a fifth seat still undecided. (CNN)
- Saudi heir Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud dies, leaving questions as to the succession in the kingdom. Hard-line conservative Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz becomes likely successor. (CNN)
- Voters in the US state of Louisiana go to the polls for a gubernatorial election with incumbent Governor Bobby Jindal expected to be elected in the first round. (AP via Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 October 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Catania : 2 - 2
- Juventus - Genoa : 2 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Oud-Heverlee Leuven : 2 - 0
- Genk - Bergen : 2 - 0
- Gent - Lokeren : 3 - 1
- Germinal - Mechelen : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - FC Koln : 5 - 0
- Hamburg - Wolfsburg : 1 - 1
- Hertha - Mainz : 0 - 0
- Hoffenheim - M'gladbach : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Braunschweig - Dresden : 0 - 2
- Cottbus - Greuther Furth : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?