Sunday 22 September 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Scott and Herbert Matare.
No Trespassing, directed by Bobby Bragg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1912!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1912 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Martha Scott: American actress and producer (d. 2003).
- Alfred G: Vanderbilt thoroughbred horse owner (Native Dancer).
- Herbert Matare: German physicist and European co-inventor of the transistor.
- Karl Bucher: Swiss scientist, a physician, phamacologist and author, he has conducted studies on regulation of respiration, gaseous interchange.
- Eloi Meulenbergh: Belgium sport Champion.
- Herbert Mataré: German physicist and academic (d. 2011).
- Eddie Collins repeats record of stealing 6 bases in a game (9 / 7 / 12)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Golden Dreams - Peerless Quartet
- That Aeroplane Glide - Peerless Quartet