Monday 2 September 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johan Daisne [Herman Thiery] and Johan Daisne.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1912!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1912 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Doin' It Two-Step - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - John McCormack
- I Love You Truly - Elsie Baker
- Naughty Marietta Intermezzo - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?