Tuesday 22 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marlena Shaw and Larry Jones.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1942 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Marlena Shaw: American singer.
- Larry Jones
- William C Nelson: Rep / Astronaut (STS 24).
- Candida Green: Irish-English journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Wu Ma: Chinese actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- David J Stern: NBA commissioner (1984- ).
- Rubén Gómez: Colombian cardinal.
- David Stern: American basketball commissioner.
- George Rupp: American theologian and academic.
- Dick Pickering: Trade unionist.
- Meulenberg robs of church bells