Tuesday 17 September 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Parsons and Etienne Pollet.
No Trespassing, directed by Bobby Bragg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1912 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Pauline Parsons: Matron in chief (PMRAFNS).
- Etienne Pollet: French racehorse trainer based at Chantilly.
- Irena Kwiatkowska: Polish actress and comedian.
- Center fielder Casey Stengel breaks in with Brooklyn and hits 4 singles
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Golden Dreams - Peerless Quartet
- That Aeroplane Glide - Peerless Quartet