Tuesday 17 September 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Parsons and Etienne Pollet.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1912 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Pauline Parsons: Matron in chief (PMRAFNS).
- Etienne Pollet: French racehorse trainer based at Chantilly.
- Irena Kwiatkowska: Polish actress and comedian.
- Center fielder Casey Stengel breaks in with Brooklyn and hits 4 singles
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're My Baby - American Quartet
- That Precious Little Thing Called Love (The Riddle Song) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?