Friday 22 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Ducreux .
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1911 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Louis Ducreux: French actor, screenwriter and composer, who made his film debut in 1938 and worked up until his death in Paris on 19 December 1992.
- Cy Young beats Pittsburgh 1-0 for his final career victory, number 511
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra