Friday 22 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Ducreux .
The Lost Letter, directed by Mikhail Rakovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1911 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Louis Ducreux: French actor, screenwriter and composer, who made his film debut in 1938 and worked up until his death in Paris on 19 December 1992.
- Cy Young beats Pittsburgh 1-0 for his final career victory, number 511
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- June - Walter Van Brunt
- Chicken Reel - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Dear, Delightful Women - Reinald Werrenrath
- March of the Toys - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra