Wednesday 22 September 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Mitterrand and Grigory Frid.
Merely Players, directed by Brian Follmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1915 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Robert Mitterrand: French engineer, the older brother of President François Mitterrand and General Jacques Mitterrand.
- Grigory Frid: Russian pianist and composer (d. 2012).
- Arthur Lowe: English actor (d. 1982).
- Red Sox ask Braves for use of their larger park for World Series
- Xavier University, 1st Black Catholic College in US opens in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Southern Methodist University (Dallas Texas) holds its first class.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Nobody Home - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Songs of the Past, Part 1 - Victor Mixed Chorus