Tuesday 14 September 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Soulier and Douglas Kennedy.
Regeneration, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1915 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Jean-Pierre Soulier: French physician, a hematologist who died on 18 January 2003.
- Douglas Kennedy: New York, United States -- Actor (Lone Ranger & Lost City of Gold).
- Jacques Patria: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Périgueux (-Sarlat).
- John Dobson: Chinese-American astronomer and author designed the Dobsonian telescope (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Evening Song - John McCormack
- La Mia Canzone (My Song to Thee) - Enrico Caruso
- When Sunday Comes to Town - Arthur Fields