Tuesday 14 September 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Kennedy and Jacques Patria.
The Call of the Dance, directed by George L. Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1915 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Douglas Kennedy: New York, United States -- Actor (Lone Ranger & Lost City of Gold).
- Jacques Patria: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Périgueux (-Sarlat).
- Jean-Pierre Soulier: French physician, a hematologist who died on 18 January 2003.
- John Dobson: Chinese-American astronomer and author designed the Dobsonian telescope (d. 2014).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When I Leave the World Behind - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?