Wednesday 15 September 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Pajeau and Al Casey (jazz guitarist).
Regeneration, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1915 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Henri Pajeau
- Al Casey (jazz guitarist)
- Ismail Yasin: Egyptian comedian and actor (d. 1972).
- Jose Nicomedes Grossi: Brazilian bishop (d. 2009).
- Bruno Arcari: Italy sport Champion.
- Helmut Schoen: Football coach.
- Al Casey: American guitarist and composer (d. 2005).
- Albert Whitlock: English-American special effects designer (d. 1999).
- Ismail Yassine: Egyptian actor (d. 1972).
- Fawn Brodie: American historian and author (d. 1981).
- John Conte: Plamer, Massachusetts -- Actor (Mantovani).
- Ernest Gagnon: Canadian folklorist, composer and organist (Born 1834).
- Boston Braves beat Saint Louis Cardinals 20-1.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Evening Song - John McCormack
- La Mia Canzone (My Song to Thee) - Enrico Caruso
- When Sunday Comes to Town - Arthur Fields