Thursday 16 September 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Bérimont and Luc Berimont.
The Call of the Dance, directed by George L. Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Jaffery by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1915!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1915 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Luc Bérimont: French writer, poet and radio/television personality.
- Luc Berimont: France Writer.
- Cy Walter: American pianist (d. 1968).
- Czar Nicolas II adjourns 4th Duma
- US takes control of customs and finances of Haiti for ten years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When I Leave the World Behind - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?