Monday 23 April 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ary Verhaar and Henry Barraud.
Clowns Spinning Hats, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1900 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Ary Verhaar: composer.
- Henry Barraud: composer.
- Henri Barraud: French musician and composer, he died December 28, 1997.
- Paul Legac: France Scientist.
- Jim Bottomley: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 1959).
- Joseph Green: Polish-American actor and director (d. 1996)
- 1st know occurrence of word hillbillie (NY Journal)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?