Wednesday 23 April 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hal Daub and Jean-Louis Leutrat.
The Big Boss, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1941 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Hal Daub: (Rep-R-Nebraska, 1981- ).
- Jean-Louis Leutrat: French film critic, educator and writer of books on the cinema.
- Jean-Michel Nihoul: French real estate agent and businessman.
- Jacqueline Boyer: French singer and actress.
- Paavo Lipponen: Finnish journalist and politician 38th Prime Minister of Finland.
- Michael Lynne: American film producer co-founded New Line Cinema
- Ed Stewart: English radio and television host (d. 2016)
- Greece Army surrenders to German Nazis RAF brings Greek King George II to Egypt
- World War II: The Greek government and King George II evacuate Athens before the invading Wehrmacht.
- The America First Committee holds its first mass rally in New York City, with Charles Lindbergh as keynote speaker.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?