Monday 29 March 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Rozès and Alene Bertha Duerk.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1920 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Simone Rozès
- Alene Bertha Duerk
- Pierre Moinot: France Writer.
- John Belk: American businessman and politician (d. 2007).
- Alene Duerk: American military, the first female to achieve flag rank in the USN, named Rear Admiral in 1972 representing all Navy women.
- Theodore Trautwein: American lawyer and judge (d. 2000).
- Clarke Fraser: American-Canadian geneticist and academic (d. 2014).
- Simone Rozes: French lawyer, a judge by 1962, serving on the European Court of Justice 1981-1984.
- Emmanuel Tremblay: Tourly physician.
- Sir William Robertson, who enlisted in 1877, becomes a field marshal in the British Army, the first man to rise to this rank from private.